Reading Time: 2 minutes (ish)
Here is a list of resources I go back to time and time again.
There are many more and if you want to be included, please leave a comment!!
Blogs and Websites
- Badgeville Blog
- Bunchball Blog
- Enterprise Gamification – Run by Mario Herger from SAP
- Gamification.org – Brilliant Wiki, now owned by Badgeville
- Gamified Enterprise – A blog from the people behind Badgville, but more enterprise focused
- Gamify For The Win – Kevin Werbach’s website.
- Marczewski.me.uk – My Blog 🙂
- Theory of Fun – By Raph Koster
- The Art of Games Design: A Book of Lenses – By Jesse Schell. Great resource for understanding what makes games work.
- Gamification: A Simple Introduction – My eBook, panflet type thing 😀
- Reality is Broken – By Jane McGonigal
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us – By Daniel Pink. Find out about motivation.
Jesse Schell at DICE Summit 2010 giving a very disturbing view of a gamified future!
- Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLwskDkDPUE&feature=related
- Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPfaSxU6jyY&feature=relmfu
- Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NzFCfZMBkU&feature=fvwrel
Daniel Pinks Talk on Motivation
- RSA Animation – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc
- TED Talk – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y
- Talking About Super Better – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfBpsV1Hwqs
- Gaming can Make a Better World – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSkA9BDWN-U
- @avantgame – Jane Mcgonigal
- @RomanRackwitz – R0man Rackwitz
- @TylerAltrup – Tyler Altrup
- @Scott_Golas – Scott Golas
- @NicoleLazzaro – Nicole Lazzaro
- @marigo – Marigo Raftopoulos
- @schnaars – Scott Schnaars
- @sinclair300584 -Scott Sinclair
- @SThielke – Sebastian Thielke
- @mherger – Mario Herger
- @gamificationco – Gamification co
- @daverage – Me, Andrzej Marczewski
- @gzicherm – Gabe Zichermann
- @kwerb – Kevin Werbach
- @amyjokim – Amy Jo Kim
There are many many more – check my twitter list http://twitter.com/daverage/gamification/members and also check the Gamification Gurus List
Odds and Ends
- Nicole Lazzaro theory of fun – http://xeodesign.com/whyweplaygames.html
- Art of Games Design iPhone App (free) – http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/agd-lenses/id385531319?mt=8
- Coursera Gamification Course by Kevin Werbach- https://www.coursera.org/course/gamification
- Enterprise Gamification Worshop with Mario Herger (not free) – http://www.udemy.com/enterprise-gamification/