Reading Time: 1
As you may have noticed, for the first time in over a year – there is no blog this week. The reason is two fold.
1. I have been insanely busy!
2. My spare time has been spent finally finishing up my second – as yet untitled – book!
So, instead of a blog, here are some random bits of development stuff from the book :). It will be available soon on Amazon as an eBook and I am trying to make sure that it is available in print (through self publishing). More info soon 🙂
- Gamification: Get Serious and Start Playing
- Gamification: How to hold your own in conversation
- Ninja Monkeys Rule: Gamification…
- Game Thinking: Gamification and Games Based Solutions
- Gamification: An Insiders View
- Gamification: How do sound smart… :p
- Gamification: Understanding the power of game based solution design
Play, Games and Playfulness
Intrinsic Motivation RAMP
Rewards and Leaderboards
Feedback and Getting Rewards Right
The User Journey
Goals, Activity Loops and Flow
Gamification Mechanics and Elements
Neurotransmitters in Gamification
Bit of the Forward
I have always been a gamer. One of my earliest memories is of playing games on the Mac II that my dad had been lent from work, Star Trek I believe. Since then, games had always been a big part of my life. At university I discovered the joys of clan based gaming when I joined the Elites of Starship Troopers playing Starship Troopers: Battlespace on the AOL network 1. This led me to starting my own clan, Rages Renegades. I will speak more about this later, but those years were important to me in ways I could never have realized!