Just a short thought for your today. When building or designing anything, it is very easy to get caught up in your own thoughts and ideas. Introspection is fine, but from time to time you need to step back and just ask yourself a few simple questions;
- Am I still solving the client’s problem?
- Am I still staying true to the original vision for the solution
- If not, why not?
- Is the solution still viable?
- Is the solution still going to prove valuable to the users as well as the client?
- Has anyone released a better solution whilst I have been building this one?
If you are not happy with your answers to any of these questions, then you need to take a moment to consider how you are going to fix that before moving on.
Blundering on blindly, even though you know there are things you are not happy with, will not lead you to a solution you are proud of or that your client will truly find valuable.
Also published on Medium.