Reading Time: 1 minutes (ish)
I just thought as I had not written a post for a few days (researching for a couple of good ones!), I would put up my 7 rules for gamification.
- Be sure that adding gamification adds benefit for the end users.
- Extrinsic rewards (points, prizes etc) can engage over short periods such as onboarding / enrol and enthuse phases.
- Intrinsic motivation is essential for long term engagement and if you are looking for quality and creativity over quantity.
- Be open about what data is collected and why. Trust is essential.
- Define clear goals.
- Define and collect metrics.
- Be flexible and adapt as user needs and behaviours change.
That’s it for now, got stuff on uncertainty as well as team work and collaboration on the way soon.